Welcome to 30 Day Free Trial!
My new blog will be centred around creating a better and happier self in the new year. It’s taken me a long time to realize that I am just as important as all the other responsibilities in my life.
I decided there was no better time to start my new blog than in the new year and even better I have joined the Ultimate Blog Challenge making my first month full of great articles on how to improve your life on a 30 day trial basis.
I am inviting my readers to join in my challenge. Either by joining up with the Ultimate Blog Challenge yourself or choose another goal to set. This is the time of year for resolutions!
Don’t look at the whole of 2013 and get nervous, choose a goal for the month of January, a much easier goal to achieve and document it on a blog, or in your journal. And don’t forget to share your goal with me in the comments.
Below is a quick check list on how you can set a goal and keep it. Stay tuned to the many blog posts this month for more detailed articles.
Step One: Choose your Goal – This can be anything you want to change in your life from stopping a bad habit to encouraging a good one. Don’t forget to evaluate yourself during this phase. What are your shortcomings that will make it hard for you to complete this challenge? And on the other hand what will the outcome be if you succeed? Likewise, choose something that is do-able. If you have never ran a day in your life your goal shouldn’t be to run a mile a day.
Step Two: Make your Goal Known – Tell a friend, if you keep your goal to yourself you have a better chance of going astray. Put up a blog post or share it on facebook. The more people you are accountable to the more likely you are to succeed.
Step Three: Stay Motivated – Do what you can to keep the motivation going. Put up inspirational quotes around your room, make up a dream board, or set up an alarm on your cell phone that pops up with a note to give you a motivational boost.
Step Four: Start! – Today is our only guarantee, we don’t know what tomorrow will bring. If you are ready to start a new challenge or goal you need to start today.
There is no such thing as failure.
Whether you succeed or fail is not the point of the 30 Day Challenge. The point is that you try. Success is not a single step, it is several and they never lead all the way up. You only truly fail when you decide to stop trying.
A list of challenges you could try for January 2013
- Learn something new – The best part about this is you don’t need to pay for an expensive class or hire a tutor. In the world of the internet knowledge is at our very fingertips. Do a search and learn all you can.
- Don’t watch TV for the month – And since we have TiVo now you can always record your favourite shows and as a reward watch them at the end of the month.
- Shower/shave/bathe/whatever every day – Enough said.
- Give up an addiction for the month – Whether it’s pop, smoking, alcohol any bad habit you have.
- Read for an hour every day – Catch up on that Good Reads list.
- Write in a Journal every day.
- Write a blog post every day.
- Go for a walk every day.
- Do something creative every day – And change it up, if you like to draw try painting, or photography!
This is only a very short list the possibilities are endless and you never know where a challenge could take you.