*Blog is OPEN for submissions*
Calling all Authors!
I’m looking for the following types of posts please let me know which interest you. (Or if you have your own ideas I’m always up for that!)
As a special promotion I am looking to have a guest post from authors about how and why they started writing. Any tips they may have for new writers and a little promo of their first novel. A give away is always appreciated but not needed, however remember if you want to have a give away you will be responsible for collecting entries and awarding prizes.
Please read this over FULLY before submitting your request. If you’re stuck on how to promote your novel, feel free to read my post, How To: Create an Amazing Media Kit for Your Book.
- Promo/Spotlight Posts – This would include your book cover, release date, purchase information and a snippet of your novel (as well as anything else you’d like to include).
- Meet the Author – This would include a picture of yourself, your links (blog/site/social media etc.), a bit about yourself, what you write most, and a list of your current novels (as well as anything else you’d like to include).
- Cover Reveal/Teaser – This would include a cover for the reveal (obviously), or a teaser of some kind. If you choose a teaser please make sure it is at least a page long so it can stand alone as a post. Also include some information about the novel, when it comes out, where to get it etc.
- Guest Posts – Anything that has to do with writing, publishing or books in general. I do have a couple posts I would love to get so if interested please do include that in your email.
- An interview with your pen name: If your pen name were a person in their own right what would they be like? What kind of personality do they have? Interview your pen name and see what happens!
- Why you chose a pen name.
- Tips for new authors.
- How you embrace your audience.
- Books you want to write.
- Book Shopping – Buy these books. A list of your favourites and why we should be buying them.
- Your Story – How did you start writing? What was your first novel?
- Brag About It – Has a new novel come out? Been picked up by a publisher? Anything book related you would like to brag about do it here!
- Author Interviews – I will give you a list of questions and you can pick and choose which you like.
- Character Interviews – Interview your characters!
- Give it Away – Holding a big giveaway? Why not promote it here!
A Couple Guidelines
- Each post should include a short bio of yourself (unless it is a Meet the Author post in which case your bio should be somewhat substantial.)
- Each post should have a link to your site/blog etc.
- I don’t like to limit people on how much they should write but I would like for most posts to be at least 250 words. (That’s less than this post here!) Obviously for cover reveals and other posts that are graphic intense this wouldn’t be required but if the bulk is written I would like more than a paragraph.
- I welcome any and all to submit more than one post for the same or multiple books but I would prefer to get more than one type of promo. If you submit a cover reveal for one novel try something different for that second book!
- Everything sent to me needs to be in a .doc format – not .docx please, I still haven’t updated!
- Guest posts need to be submitted a month in advance. If you want to guest post in July you need to have the post to me by June 30, I will except late submissions IF I receive something from the author, otherwise your post will be removed and the date will be open for something else.
If interested you can contact me below:
You’re welcome to submit the post yourself. Take control of your brand and display it the way you want. I do reserve the right to refuse any posts submitted, and all posts will be responded to.
Please note, although I am happy to host giveaways the author is responsible for processing any winnings they wish to include with their posts.