Well I did it! I joined up to do the Ultimate Blog Challenge and I did it.
This is post #31 … dang that was a long month! I really enjoyed it though, this was the second I participated in and I don’t think it will be the last. Though I’m not sure if this will be the blog I feature in the next challenge. I have found some greats sites along the way that I will be sure to stay current with and hopefully I have gathered a few followers who will stop in and keep me company as well.
I’m ending this month with a summary as I will every month more so I can look back on what I accomplished and so I can move forward knowing I did get something done and can use that as a foundation for growth. I also like to make plans for the next month and see how they pan out afterwards.
What Happened in January 2013
- I started this blog. Though I bought the domain a little bit before the first of the year I thought the beginning of a year seemed like an appropriate time to start a personal development blog. I joined the Ultimate Blog Challenge … and finished with all posts intact.
- I decided to become more creative. I do a lot of sketching, digital graphics etc and so I decided that this year I would work on expanding my talents. One of the ways I have been doing this is by creating a colouring book for my niece. Those who are friends on my facebook can check it out. I will also be creating a blog to showcase my work and may share here as well.
- I started a new venture. Again something with children in mind. It is in the beginning stages but I am very excited about it. My goal is to put a smile on every child’s face with this project and maybe add a bit of magic to their hearts.
- I’ve decided to actively start letting go. Partially because some of those things were holding me back, some I was just done with, and some I just didn’t have time or space for since I decided to start other projects. I sold a web site of mine, or well am selling it at this point. Right now there is a bidding war going on but it will be over tonight so that part will be done as well.
- This in particular will be a HUGE weight lifted from my shoulders. I have been dragging along with this site for quite some time because it did make me money but at the same time it was just another weight dragging me down!
What’s to Come in February 2013
- With some of the things now leaving my life I have room to start projects I always wanted. So I will be continuing with those projects, and when I get closer to completion I’m sure I will share them.
- I will be continuing with this blog and my journey to improve my life 30 days at a time. I don’t claim to be an expert but I do post my ideas and ramblings and would love to have everyone stick around for those. I don’t expect or plan to make any money from this blog so aside from some google ads I won’t be too worried about monetizing it any time soon or working on making any passive income from it. But I will also keep this in the back of my mind.
- I will be keeping up with my Fun Friday posts just because I like them! lol As well I will still hold my Life Lessons posts each Sunday. I really enjoyed having to write something every day and will be looking for more meme’s that I can possibly join in. If not posting will probably be 3-4 times a week.
- I have so many creative projects on the back burners because of other commitments that I have now relinquished so I will be working on finishing novels, paintings, sketched etc and get my muse working.
- I have a couple goals I decided to work towards, one is short term the other is long term.
- One, I decided to take the 31 day course from problogger on how to create a better blog. This will be a daily thing for me which I also hope will help me to continue my daily blogging trend. Of course it’s going to take more than February since it’s 31 days but that’s okay with me! I will be doing the exercises as I read and at the end I will be sure to post my review on the product and how it worked for me.
- I also decided that I will be a millionaire in five years. I chose this goal in the middle of January so I will be working towards that as well. It may seem silly to some but we all have to start somewhere, and I figured the best place for me to start is to optimistic with daily affirmations and hard work to get me there.
I’m super excited to have this day over and clean off my plate! February is the month of love and I can already tell it is going to be great!